It is not difficult to find online sources of HIPAA literature. Unfortunately a considerable number of online sources are out-of-date inasmuch as they predate the Final Omnibus Rule of 2013, some focus only on large medical organizations or one element of HIPAA, and others may be location-specific, which is an important consideration because some states have privacy laws that preempt HIPAA.
At HIPAA Answers, unless clearly indicated, our content provides general up-to-date advice on HIPAA compliance – often in a question and answer format that enables us to update answers when new guidelines are issued by HHS´ Office for Civil Rights. In this respect, the HIPAA literature provided on this website is relevant to most Covered Entities and Business Associates. For example:
- HIPAA Literature relating to using Google G Suite compliantly can be found here.
- The procedures to follow in the event of an accidental breach of PHI can be found here.
- Literature relating to the HIPAA training requirements can be found here.
- The reasons why the WhatsApp messaging service is not HIPAA-compliant can be found here.
- The latest E-signature requirements under HIPAA Rules can be found here.
- HIPAA literature relating to email and HIPAA compliance can be found here.